Monday 27 August 2012

Bank Holiday Bargains

Hurrah! Yesterday we made it to the cattle market car boot sale albeit a little late after oversleeping. Therefore there is a chance that we missed the REALLY good bargains plus we may have missed the stolen goods. It was much larger this week with the added bonus of many policemen. It does tend to attract a wide variety of 'shoppers'.


 My absolute favourite bargain of the day was this reproduction of The Child Prophet Samuel in Prayer by Joshua Reynolds an 18th Century English painter. The wooden frame does need some attention with some wood glue but I can not wait to put it up in my living room. I can't stop staring at it. I am literally mesmerised.
And all for £1.



Other bargains: owl teapot £1, 2x bird plaques £1 and a framed print of children feeding rabbits by a German painter called Felix Schlesinger. Also £1.

Total spend: £4.

No comments:

Post a Comment