Thursday 13 December 2012

The Accidental Poacher

There was a great table top sale at the village hall. I got an old camera for M, a PILE of books including everything ever written by Julian Barnes including Flaubert's Parrot and Love etc, jewellry, jam, a crocheted hat (for £1.50!). I also purchased these 'wooden' antlers thinking they would make a great Christmas table centrepiece decorated with some sprigs of holly and bits of gold twinkling tinsel.


It didn't occur to me that they were real! Even when the lady who was selling them told me one was a Deer and the other was  Moose.

I thought they were wood. Now I am a bit hideously appalled by them. They are lying on the Victorian chaise longue that I was gifted from freecycle that we have no room or place for in our house yet that I still keep. It really needs reupholstering which is definitely a project for another season (or year). The cats love lying on the chaise - obviously.

I really do not know what to do with the deer antler and the moose antler. I feel like a poacher even though I know they probably fell off.

Oh Bambi. Where are you now, kid?


No comments:

Post a Comment