Wednesday 6 February 2013

dear Summer

dear Summer,

This week it has finally been (a little) light in the mornings when I leave for work and today it was light when I got home; my heart literally soared. Daylight withdrawal has been ever present these long dark winter months and it really has been long and dark and bleak. 

Today I began to dare imagine the warm sensations of sun on my skin... a little soon for such idyllic thoughts. Obviously this being England and this being early February. But oh to live in a warm country! I can't even begin to imagine what that must feel like... it must feel delicious. I don't even want blazing heat. I'd just like a little warmth. To be able to sit here and type without my fingers threatening to drop off. To wear flip flops and sunglasses and stretch out on a patch of warm grass and bask. Wriggle your bare toes in the earth.

Even the little extra daylight this week has made me feel immensely happy. A great big surge of vitamin D induced well-being.

I understand that last year you were busy. And that you haven't seriously been around since 2006 but... come back and all is forgiven.

yours full of hope and earnest longing

x







No comments:

Post a Comment